end of a legacy
Friday, August 22, 2008@ 12:57 AM

The End.


Wow that was fast.


So besides being the last actual day of school for the Sec 4s, it was also the last actual day as NCOs of NPCC. But woah were the celebrations different. My class just took down one of the tiles and drew on it.


After school, the whole unit stayed behind for their promotion test. Most of the Sec 1s passed! Now must make sure the Sec 2s get their act together when I go back next year. After their drill test, we had our solemn and 'grand' Passing Out Parade. Wow am I out of touch with my drills. Anyway the march in off the future and the going to be past was really fancy and looked really cool. Now if only we had taken that on video... And with that 10-20minutes ceremony the Sec 3s were now bestowed complete responsibilites of the unit. 加油 guys! Whenever you're in doubt just think about how it was like when you were a cadet and how you wanted things to be done when you took over. Can never go wrong. Anything just call or sms me. I'll try my best if you have any questions on anything.


So we attempted to fling berets to greater heights(which Jia Kai managed since his stayed on the second level) as we walked towards the LT. When we got there we had our farewell ceremony. Speeches were made by our Andy, Bens and myself. Why I go first! After they talked I realised I got so much more to say... Never mind hope everyone managed to understand what I was trying to get across. We received our ceritficates of membership and gifts of appreciation which were really cool! I don't care everyone is wearing the dog tags at Seniors Night! The mugs are really cool. Now we'll never be able to forget the unit even if we wanted to.(which is not to say we want to its just a figure of speech for people out there who's minds are lagging) Next up were the two videos. Watching the videos really made me remember everything that I've been through with this unit for the last 4 years. All the people who have come and go. All the events and camps which have passed. 4 years really flies by doesn't it? Looking back, I'm really glad that I saw the Barker NP in their number 1 when I was still in ACS(P). Without NP I surely wouldn't be the same person now.

So with that it's all over.
How about a round of applause?
Standing Ovation
Every single NCO really deserves it after the amount of their own soul they've put into the unit.

Rounded off the whole ceremony with a reception before going out with the usual gang minus Brandon for Starbucks. Got a ride home(thanks Lin!) and slacked around with Jia Kai and Isaac.

After they went home, I stripped my uniform of everything. It now looks as bare as the ones you can find in the NP room. Quite funny actually. The only time when despair and depression really settled in was when I was taking off my various uniform parts. Looking at every single badge which I removed made me look back and think about what everyone went through. All the pumping, scolding was all worth it at the end. The excitment when you received a new badge or a new rank was really something which cannot be described. Somehow even though the uniform is made out of really cheapo material which frays ever so often, whenever I'm inside the uniform there's just a sense of security. A feeling of home, of safety. So much a blue piece of cloth symbolises.


Its all over now. Nothing left to do now but sleep right?
ACNP. Simply the best.





I've been waiting
For my dreams to
Turn into something
I could believe in
And looking for that
Magic Rainbow
On the horizon,
I couldn't see it

Until I let go
Gave into love
Watched all the bitterness burn
Now I'm coming alive
Body and soul
Feeling my world start to turn

Cause I'll taste every moment
And live it out loud
I know this is the time
This is the time
To be more than a name
Or face in the crowd
I know this is the time
This is the time of my life

Disclaimer
Hello :D
you are currently at onliyours
tag before you leave yeah?

Me
You wanted me to pretend that we have hever kissed, never been together. I tried and tried to forget you, but when you pass-by, I fell into pieces like a shattered glass;

Wants
The world to be a place where everyone just thinks like small kids. Rainbows. Lollipops. No fights. No quarrels. Everyone does things for the good and not for their own selfish wants. Simplicity of life ♥

Screams

Dar-links
tag to be relink-ed, unlink-ed, link-ed :D
ACNP.
D08 Alpha.
Ain.
Benjamin.
Brandon.
Bryan.
Clarice.
Clifford.
Denise.
Eustace.
Hui Ying.
Isaac.
Jai.
Jia Kai.
Jocelyn.
Kelin.
Lance.
Lin.
Lester.
Matthew.
Mervyn.
Odelia.
Pearlyn.
Qiao Yi.
Yi Chong/ Joseph.
Zheng Bao.

Memories


Tyvm
Layout: xoxo-nice
Host: blogskins & blogger