Sometimes I think I reflect too much.
I wasn't going to post again but something really big happened (: Ok big for me at least.
So I was wasting my day away. I couldn't get myself to study. So I was just siting on my bed killing time(refer to earlier post) and I was talking to Jia Kai how Zhi Wei's photo was of Delta. Ok he super slow la didn't realise what I was talking about was where I play hockey. Anyway I went to have lunch. After lunch I decided to watch Hairspray. Its awesome by the way. Just as I was about to fall asleep, I got a phone call from Shadiq. Don't know if its 缘分(fate for all the Malay/Indian readers) or what but he called me to ask me to rush down to Delta with my hockey stick. So I rushed off to Delta by cab. When I got to Delta, the stupid refree asked our team to change socks! Just because ORA (our opponents) were wearing black. In the first place which genius wears a black sports jersey la! How hot!! And as if the refrees are so blind that they can't see the difference -.- So I had to leave my team hanging ): and playing with 10 men (actually its 9 cause we played a boy who hadn't even touched a ball before). Sorry guys! Asad told me to wear blue... Anyway need to thank my brother for bringing down my yellow socks or me. Thanks Jaime! (If anyone dares make fun of is name I'll seriously go whack you) So I went on with about 10min left in the 1st half. The heat was freaking unbearable!! And ORA had like double of our players? So proud of our team, we played so well under impossible situations :) We kept the score down and finished 0-3. Decent result if you think about it. At the end I think everyone was going to pass out from running themselves to the ground. You guys are just amazing. How you managed to find the extra engine to run even though the sun was just against us is like woah. Must make special mention to Naga. He sick still ran himself into the ground without question. Playing next to him was really an experience. I also like how the chemistry between me and a few of the players I played with in B div. Somehow even though I haven't played with them for 6 months, I managed to play one touch play with Nic, Ben Tan and Joshua. Even Coach Kevin praised us (yes the coach has the same name as me). We even managed to do one touch play through our legs and all our funny tricks :P
After the match I realised I really miss being with this hockey team. Ok fine I'm probably a much much better soccer player than I am a hockey player but my teammates are just all so supportive. Today I was allocated to play centre half. So the heart of our team was made out of a left back and a left forward. Even though I had completely no clue what I was doing, nobody scolded me. They just kept encouraging and guiding me. I also miss talking to people like Joshua. They're so appreciative of you and when I feel so natural talking to them about anything.
So I've decided. I'm gonna mug and get into IB. Cause of this team. Its just worth it to sacrifice my time now to mug to play with this team next year. No insult to my soccer teammates but its just a different team spirit. The rush and adranaline I get from playing hockey is just different.
Delta Sports Complex (:
If you're a heart without a home
Rebel without a cause
If you feel as though
You're always stranded on the shore
Like a thief in the night
Let me steal your heart away
Baby if a reason's, what you're looking for
I'll be yours