It feels like a 2.4 run. No, not a marathon like everyone keeps saying. Surely the 2 years passed by too quickly for it to be called a marathon. If the last race happened in a blink of an eye, this time, I didn't even blink. Suddenly I feel my legs opening up their stride, instinctively. My body know by now. 200m more - opening up your legs and start striding. Step by step, one leg in front of the other, widening the distance, turning into a full length stride. My legs go numb, no feeling at all. They know by now what it feels like, how much further there is. I know the distance, how many more strides, how many more breaths, how much further. But somehow this time, the feeling is different. It doesn't seem like it's the same distance. 'My legs know it's the same distance. My eyes are telling me nothing has changed, it's just like every single time, every repetitive time I've done this run. Someone cheated. It's like someone pulled the ground from under me. It's so much further.
I hope I wrong this time. I really really hope I'm wrong.